Your safety is our top priority
We have new protocols in place to keep you safe.
COVID-19 Hospital Protocols
The health and safety of our clients, team members, and community remains a top priority, and even though the number of COVID-19 cases in our local region continues to decline, a few of our hospital protocols will remain in place.
The protocols below aim to limit exposure and transmission of coronavirus and will be revised as needed.
- Option of in-hospital or curbside patient check-in and discharge, prescription refills, and food pick-up
- Online forms to facilitate client and pet registration
- Spacing of appointment times
- Option of payment car side or by phone
- Communication with owners by phone, text, instant messaging (PetPro Connect), and in select cases, by video to follow up on previously seen patients
We ask clients to:
- Inform us if they or anyone in their home may have signs of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath) to allow us to properly prepare for their pet’s arrival
- Limit the number of family members attending pet appointments
In addition, we frequently review the recommended guidelines by our state and national professional associations (MVMA, AVMA), government agencies (CDC, MIOSHA, MDHHS), and the Health Department of Northwest Michigan.
Lastly, all animal care team members are fully vaccinated. Masks are not required for vaccinated individuals, and we trust that those who have not completed the full vaccination protocol will wear a mask while in the hospital.
We strive to keep the lines of communication open and invite clients to contact us with any concerns.
Bayshore Animal Hospital Team
Link for Additional Information
In Case of Emergency
Please call 231-547-4999 in the event of an emergency, and our staff can triage your call right away! If you are in need of assistance after hours, you may be instructed to contact Bay Area Pet Hospital, a fully staffed 24-hour emergency pet hospital. You can call them at 231-922-0911 or visit their website by clicking here.